At McDowell Wellness Center, we are committed to providing high-quality swimming instruction to individuals of all ages. Our Learn-to-Swim program is specifically designed for children who are at least 4 years of age, and we also offer swimming lessons for adults. Students progress through the levels at their own pace, mastering the skills in each level before advancing to the next. All of our instructors are Certified Lifeguards or BSI/WSI certified through the American Red Cross.
Group Swim Lessons:
- Cost: $75 ($79.50 with tax) for MWC Members, $90 ($94.50 with tax) for Non-Members
- Group lessons begin at age 4
- Class ratio is 1:4 (instructor:participants)
- Classes run four days a week (Monday-Thursday) for two weeks. Classes are 45 minutes long if filled (Classes with only 1-2 participants signed up will be 30 mins for 6 days).
- White (Beginning) Level 1
- Red (Able to float, glide) Level 2
- Yellow *scheduled as needed* (Stroke development-able to swim independently) Level 3
- For current class schedules and available time slots, please contact us at (859) 936-9355.
Private Swim Lessons:
- Lessons are scheduled by appointment as instructors are available
- Packages and Pricing (pre-paid):
- 1 swimmer: 1 half-hour visit – $20, 6 half-hour visits – $100, 12 half-hour visits – $190
- 2 swimmers: 1 half-hour visit – $30, 6 half-hour visits – $120, 12 half-hour visits – $215
- 3 swimmers: 1 half-hour visit – $35, 6 half-hour visits – $140, 12 half-hour visits – $235
To sign up or for more information, please call McDowell Wellness Center at (859) 936-9355.